Monday, April 11

Monday Blues: appreciating modern and classic

classic and modern teal pool, Shelter Island, Massachusetts 
by Schappacher White, NY here

Gorgeous travel blogger,Wandie Kabule, via closetvisit
Regal serene navy blues

Comme des Garcon's tri-tone brogues 
via Sea of Shoes best shoes ever? 
Especially paired with what Wandie is wearing above.

......and adding this modern classic billy cuff too 
cuff by Dannijo F/W 2011
via Moda Operandi here

This is my all time favorite interior (if I had to choose) via Design Sponge
I picked it today because I can imagine the shoes, the cuff and the gorgeous woman, all together in this room.
I have come across it online many, many times - but I never ever get sick of it. It's dramatic and effortless all at once. The herringbone flooring, the high ceilings, the juxtaposition of Saarinen's modern classic tulip table (the table that goes with everything) in the old world grandeur of a Parisian apartment. A Napoleonic-era townhouse in the Marais to be precise. The mirror, the built-in shelf of ceramics. The paintings. The antique wall sconses. Cool, effortless, bohemian. A little bit worn, rustic and lived in - yet with a thoroughly sophisticated, classic and modern sensibility. I.just.love.everything.about.it. 
le sigh.

and continuing the blue theme - before I got completely sidetracked by the space above, 
this fantastic patterned wallpaper 
by Ana Montiel's at Suzan Fellman via keepfeeling

No comments: