Sunday, April 17

Blogging: The Mutual Appreciation Society













 Image 2 - TableTonic suzanni bedspread
 4,5,6 - Fantastical Table Tonic Moroccan Leather Pouffes
 7 - Connie Wang from Refinery 29  via here again
 8 - Glorious sunflower yellow TableTonic Bamileke JuJu hat
 Image 9 - 12 - More gorgeousness from Table Tonic the shop and Table Tonic the blog
Last one - a visual representation of Six Degrees of Seperation via here

Firstly, this post is dedicated to colour. Whether boots, bedspreads, jackets or Ju Ju hats - you always brighten my day!
Secondly, it's for Louise from Table Tonic - (ok she already told you I gush so no suprises there), but I want to tell you why this post is for her. As well as wanting to share all the amazing (and colourful) things she finds from around the world, I really just love the way she blogs. Especially when I read a post such as this one, where an outfit becomes a room! I just really get that. I love playing around & riffing with images in the same way. Actually, I like to make them hold conversations and get to know each other. So this one's for you Table Tonic! 
But I also really wanted to say thank you to Louise for supporting Catalogued Life over the weekend. I was really overwhelmed (really, really overwhelmed) with how many people visited my blog and I want to thank everyone who did. While the diagram of six degrees of separation is of course an aerial view of Louise's rainbow collection of leather pouffe's! -  it also reminds me that blogging is a chain, connecting people and connecting all the pouffe's dots. A web of posting, sharing, reposting, linking, pinning, liking and repinning - a web of inspiration. And of sharing that inspiration*. Of getting excited and inspired - and sharing that excitement and inspiration with others! Can you believe the following prediction was made in 1929 by Hungarian author Frigyes Karinthy, (the first proponent of the six degrees of separation theory) in a short story titled Chain-Links. I think if he were alive today he may concede that blogging reduces the original hypothesis of six degrees to only one! 
Due to technological advances in communications and travel, friendship networks could grow larger and span greater distances. In particular, Karinthy believed that the modern world was 'shrinking' due to this ever-increasing connectedness of human beings. He posited that despite great physical distances between the globe's individuals, the growing density of human networks made the actual social distance far smaller.
 * On the sharing thing again, Louise also gives great practical advice here at geekchic about the how, what and why of blogging. So helpful!
           

2 comments:

Jane said...

A cool post, Sarah. I am delighted to have found you through Louise. It's amazing how inter-related we can become through blogging. I find it both astonishing and thrilling. J x

Jane said...

Hi Sarah Me again! Thanks for popping over to my place and commenting. I look forward to following you here. J x