Monday, May 23

Luminosity and immaculate construction

Neon luminance via here 






 All images Givenchy S/S 2011 Couture here and here
Apparently, one of these outfits alone required 2000 hours of cutting and 4000 hours of sewing.
I guess that's why they call it couture (and also why I can't afford it).
I love the unexpected neon flashes of citrus limes, orange and raspberries.
And I also love the setting, similar(ish) to my favorite room.
Remember when Cate Blanchett wore the dress above to the 2011 Academy Awards?
It caused such a stir she had to defend her choice by saying 'If People Get It, They Get It'.
Cate, I get it! Every single dress is astonishing.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

If I didn't get married in India and wear a sari, and decided to have a wedding here instead, one of those would have done nicely for my wedding dress ( wouldn't afford anything else though).
Sarah

sarah said...

Ok well that sounds rather amazing - can you share more. A wedding in India! A sari! Can you do a post?