Wednesday, July 13

Living vicariously

Shameless reblog and not really all about fashion journalism 

I liked this interview. Other than his tips for successful design blogging such as heavy editing, a strong point of view and photos you can't find anywhere else, I just really liked how he touches on why people
 enjoy blogs to begin with: to live vicariously and see other people's take on the world! I couldn't agree more. Right now, I have just thrown in my corporate job to chase my dream of interior design; I also build and design beautiful tropical homes and am hoping to sail around the world on our yacht one day! I am an artist that has finally received DA approval on our country home-in-the-city and am relieved renovations can begin. Did you know I also draw incredibly hilarious story boards and am about to leave all that is familiar and drive 1200 km away to begin a locum in indigenous child health? Oh yer, I nearly forgot, I also live in NYC championing issues surrounding motherhood. Other days I simply champion artists. Of course this is just a small sample of what I do. I'm also really crafty and love to visit Australia, Canada, the US, and lots of Europe on a regular basis. Some days I'm an artist, other days a photographer or designer, even a designer-comedian!  Did you know there was any such thing?! Of course, most of the time I am just me, but some days, I love being you!



6 comments:

rosaspicks said...

What a fabulous post!!! I haven't even watched the video or checked out all the links yet... But I already got a tear in my eye!

deux chiens et un garcon said...

What I love about this blog thing is realising there are the most fabulous women, such as yourself Sarah, all over the world, making progress, loving their family and children, being creative, aspiring to make the world a better place.

I fell in love with your raspberry kitchen and have ben captivated since.

xxx

sarah said...

Thank gals - now I feel all teary too!! Jill - spot on love this sentiment. x

Leigh said...

Thank you so much for including me in this post! I love your blog!

Emma at The Marion House Book said...

Thanks for this! I hadn't seen it anywhere else. Love so much of what he said about having passion, point of view,doing your own thing. Also interesting that he thinks the days of bloggers just rehashing stuff is over. We'll see!

sarah said...

You're welcome Leigh


....and Emma - yes we'll see indeed. My feeling is that it's more about the blogs that reblog without including the personal. Like watching cooking programs, it's always a lot more interesting with little back stories or interesting personal tidbits that accompanies the recipes and cooking. However, having said that I am a fan of tumblr, which I like precisely for it's straight forwardness and lack of text. I guess it's a balance.